"Chrisy's Cottage"Arroyo Grande Ca.*Scan Below To Enter Blog

"Chrisy's Cottage"Arroyo Grande Ca.*Scan Below To Enter Blog
"New Products arriving weekly"

Monday, January 31, 2011

" Victorian & Ralph Lauren Inspired Couture"

I have always been in love with vintage clothes & the Victorian era. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong time. Thus Chrisy's Cottage Romantic Fashions & Accessories was born.It's Romantic enthusiasm and inspirations come from my heart and soul. Working in my shop brings out my inner passion and spirit, with a little dash of mystery and fantasy. I think of it some days as my giant playhouse. When I was a little girl my sister and I would spend hours creating huge doll houses out of cardboard, wash clothes and linens. When it was time to play with the dolls in them we would move on to our next childhood adventure making dolls out of acorns, hollyhocks and toothpicks. This is were my love of decorating began.From the time I was a baby my Mother and Grandmother would bring me along, while my sisters were at school to every Antique shop with in a 50 mile radius of Anoka Mn. My Mom always said my first word was (teaking) meaning antiquing. So I guess you could say It was in my genes from the very beginning. The world around me inspires me now. The kids are grown and I'm able to travel between two shops Posies in Arroyo Grande and Payson. The wonders of nature grab hold of me these days. The sky, ocean and the rolling hills and dells of our beautiful country. I see with an artist eye. A picnic on the beach can send me into a 3 day decorating frenzy. A purchase at a Auction will be my base for a fabulous window display. Creating is all around us. We just have to look... Hugs Chrisy and Kramer

No comments:

Post a Comment