"Chrisy's Cottage"Arroyo Grande Ca.*Scan Below To Enter Blog

"Chrisy's Cottage"Arroyo Grande Ca.*Scan Below To Enter Blog
"New Products arriving weekly"

Friday, March 11, 2011

French Farm House Faux Finish at" Chrisy's Cottage"

Well I've been wanting to do this for a while. I love to paint artistically and I did a finish like this in my old house with the old sheet music. I took it one step further and took pre- mixed plaster and a putty knife and globed it on good along the edge of the music line, after gluing down the old sheet music. ( I use Watered down good ole ELMERS glue) I painted the wall an old world Grey. Then mixed up glazing compound mixed a few shades lighter then the Grey base color, rolled on speratically and took serran wrap and placed over that...wearing gloves and sort of mushed it, peeled off serran wrap for a wonderful plaster looking finish. The glazing compound mixes with the lighter paint( About half and half) Extends your working time. So you can do about a 4' x4' area at a time. Then I took a rusty yellow color and sponged around the edges to give it some depth... Voila have fun!!!! Faux finished right over the door so it would all blend together. Yes ,that's a door to a closet behind the ladder Close up of faux finished wall I did. The Lilacs will be blooming soon up here on the mountain. I love the colors in this bedding so reminiscent of that beautiful color... Romantic Ecru Lace Cami's just $14.99 ea. Cheerful Vintage Tablecloths $29.00 each Here are FIVE fabulous new SPRING tops to make you feel Romantic and Wonderful.... " Somebunny told me Easters on it's way" Thanks for viewing my blog... CLICK comment button to leave a message HUGS Chrisy & Kramer

No comments:

Post a Comment